Mechanical Assistant, chair lift
Want to participate in one of the largest tourism development projects in Quebec?
With or without experience. We are here to train you, to supervise you and to make you enjoy all that the mountain has to offer.
Business sector: Operations
Supervisor : Chair Lift Supervisor
Salary: As per the terms of the collective agreement, possibility of taking into account the experience gained
Start date: As soon as possible
- Support the mechanic in the repair and maintenance of the lift as directed or scheduled;
- Complete and consult the records required for the maintenance, repair and/or operation of the lift as well as all other forms required for the operations;
- Be able to perform pre-diagnostics and discuss them with the mechanic;
- Repair the various components of the lifts and inform the mechanic;
- Identify abnormal wear of various lift components and inform the engineer;
- Assemble and disassemble detachable and fixed attachments with the help of the engineer;
- Carry out work at heights in collaboration with an engineer (gondola, etc.);
- Perform the maneuvers necessary to change the drive support system of a mechanical lift (emergency engine, auxiliary engine, etc.);
- Adopt safe work practices and wear mandatory safety equipment;
- All other related tasks associated with the position.
Your skills and assets
- 1 year of relevant experience (lift attendant or operator);
- Experience in driving snowmobiles and recreational vehicles in rough terrain;
- Basic knowledge of electricity, hydraulics and mechanics;
- Basic knowledge of the Office Suite;
- Ability to work at heights;
- Ability to lift heavy objects;
- Ability to work outdoors;
- Understanding of English terms in the field;
- Ability to work in a team and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Concern for the quality and efficiency of work.
What we offer you
- Free individual ski pass or free family pass (under certain conditions);
- Discounts at the shop, restaurants and Le Massif Snow School;
- Discounts at several Baie-Saint-Paul businesses;
- Employer participation in a group RRSP program;
- Training and continuing education seminars.
If you are interested in joining a human-sized company that is dynamic, open and inclusive,
we want to meet you!