1. All passes issued by the ski area remain the property of Le Massif.
2. Pass holders must carry their pass on their person at all times, and present it to any ski area representative when so requested.
3. Passes cannot be loaned, sold or reproduced. Infractions will result in the immediate confiscation of the pass and could lead to legal prosecution.
4. If lost, stolen or forgotten, please notify customer service immediately. Your season pass will be replaced.
5. The pass holder pledges to respect the mountain code of conduct in its entirety. This code has been adopted in virtue of the bi-law on safety in sports, and it applies to anyone practising a slide sport:
- Remain in control of your speed and direction. Make sure you can stop or avoid any person or obstacle;
- Yield the right of way to persons downhill, and choose a course that ensures their safety;
- Stop on-trail only if you can be seen from above, and only where you are not obstructing the trail;
- Yield the right of way to persons uphill when entering a trail, and at intersections;
- If you are involved in or witness an accident, remain at the scene and identify yourself to a first-aider;
- Use and wear proper devices at all times to prevent runaway equipment;
- Stay off the lifts and trails if under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Respect all signage and warnings, and never venture off-trail or onto closed trails;
- Obey all regulations and signage posted for special activities taking place within ski area boundaries, as marked out. Be safety conscious. Know the code. It’s your responsibility!
6. Helmets are mandatory in the terrain/snow park and are strongly recommended in all other mountain sectors.
7. Le Massif reserves the right to cancel, confiscate or suspend a season pass for infractions to the mountain code of conduct, or for fraudulent use. A season pass is issued only when the pass holder has agreed to abide by the above codes and regulations in effect. In cases where the pass holder is at fault, sanctions will apply without notice or refund.
8. Season passes are non-refundable and non-transferable. They are valid the season for which they are purchased, and may not be transferred to the next season. In some cases they may be cancelled according to the season pass cancellation policy currently in effect.
9. Season passes entitle legitimate pass holders to use all Le Massif installations, depending on the type of pass. The purchaser of a season pass or the pass holder, whether ownership is legitimate or not, agrees to assume all risks and consequences arising from the acquisition, possession or use of the season pass.
PASSHOLDERS AGREE THERE ARE INHERENT RISKS AND DANGERS TO PRACTICING A
SLIDE SPORT, OF WHICH THEY ARE AWARE. PASS HOLDERS ACCEPT ALL RISKS OF
PERSONAL INJURY AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIAL DAMAGES
RESULTING FROM THE SAID RISKS AND DANGERS. AMONG OTHERS, THE FOLLOWING
ARE INCLUDED AMONG THE RISKS AND DANGERS INHERENT TO PRACTICNG A SLIDE
- Opening date and length of a ski season;
- Changing climatic conditions or poor snow conditions;
- Changes in steepness of the slope;
- Presence of natural obstacles/features and on-mountain conditions. All natural on-mountain conditions including ditches, crevices and streams, rocks, earth, areas with no snow coverage, trees, tree regrowth, natural bushes and stumps, and any other natural obstacle;
- Presence of ice/icy patches;
- Changes to surface conditions;
- Collisions with skiers or other persons;
- Presence of towers, pylons, posts, poles and any other structure used by ski area operations, including collisions with any of these elements;
- Use of ski lifts;
- Presence on-trail of mobile grooming equipment, emergency vehicles and snowmaking equipment.
10. Pass holders agree to pay a minimum fee of $250 for personal rescues conducted in off-trail sectors or on closed trails.
11. For family passes, the head of household agrees to:
- Only pass holders 18 years+ may commit to this contract. Anyone under the age of 18 requires the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
REFUND POLICY (other than a judgment by decree)
The sale of a season pass is final, non-transferable and non-refundable
1- However, and in certain very specific situations, a total or partial refund may be granted in the form of a Massif Gift Card if all the conditions are met:
a. Illness or injury preventing the practice of board sports
A medical certificate confirming such incapacity must be provided and contain the nature of the injury or illness, the date of commencement of the incapacity and the expected duration of the convalescence.
b. A professional transfer forcing the subscriber to move more than 200 km from the Massif resort
A letter from the employer confirming the transfer and the date of entry into force of it must be provided
2- An administration fee of $ 25 will apply before any reimbursement. In addition, a financial adjustment will apply if there is a change in the status of the family or couple membership.
3- Before the ski resort opens:
a. Full refund in the form of a Le Massif Gift Card
b. If the subscriber has used his pass purchased during the spring presale, the number of days of use at the current daily rate will be deducted from the amount of the discount
4- As soon as the ski resort opens:
a. 50% of the purchase costs will be reimbursed if the subscriber cannot take advantage of his subscription from the 1st and until the 30th day of operation of the station
b. 25% of the purchase costs will be refunded if the subscriber cannot take advantage of his subscription from the 31st and until the 60th day of operation of the station
c. No reimbursement of the purchase costs will be made if the subscriber cannot take advantage of his subscription after the 61st day of operation of the station
5- All fees are subject to applicable taxes.
6- No cash refund / no exceptions
To make your request:
Notify Customer Service within 15 consecutive days of non-participation from one of the following options:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax at 418-632-5205
- In person at Customer Service
- By mail: Le Massif s.e.c. (Cancellation request) 1350, rue Principale, Petite Rivière Saint-François, Quebec, G0A 2L0.
* All cancellations are at the discretion and approval of Le Massif s.e.c. within 30 days of receipt of the request and the latter reserves the right to modify this policy at any time during the season.
Canceling a subscription
Under the Consumer Protection Act and the Civil Code of Quebec, you can request the cancellation of your subscription and full or partial refund of the price paid, as follows:
- Before the start of the provision of the services provided for in the contract (before the start of the ski season) and in this case, there will be reimbursement of the price paid for the season pass less the amount of administrative costs incurred by the resort. These costs are indicated in the contract and / or terms and conditions of the season pass;
- After the start of the provision of the services provided for in the contract (after the start of the ski season) and in this case, there will be reimbursement of the price paid for the season pass less the amount of administrative costs incurred by the resort ( which are provided for in the terms and conditions of the subscription) and the cost of the services provided by the station established according to the scales contained in the terms and conditions of the season subscription (the stations must indicate for example in the terms and conditions that s '100 days of skiing are foreseen, cancellation after 50 days of skiing = 50% refund, regardless of the number of days actually skied by the customer)