A reinvented ski area cuisine
Reinventing ski area cuisine by developing balanced fare especially adapted to rider needs – this has been Chef Guy Bessone's challenge for the past 15 years. With no fried foods, the panoply of tasty, balanced menus at all four Le Massif de Charlevoix eateries are composed of ingredients that advocate sound animal husbandry and cultivation methods, and even beverages are low in sugar. Served up promptly under the watchful eye of gourmands and gourmets alike, mountain fare maximizes sports performance – freshness guaranteed!
• Chef Guy Bessone is backed by a brigade of one hundred employees;
• All 4 sales points offer menus composed of ingredients from every food group;
• No fewer than 10 different balanced meals are offered daily at the Summit Chalet;
• Kitchens transform more than 15 tons of vegetables over an extremely short 4-month period;
• Close to 120,000 meals are served to visitors between December and April;
• Washable utensils and biodegradable dinnerware greatly reduce the environmental footprint of operations;
• Kitchen composting efforts have saved 1.5 tons of waste away from landfills.
Mer & Monts Summit Restaurant: 3-course table d’hôte dining spotlighting market-fresh fare: Game, poultry, fish, fresh pastas, main-course salads, cheeses and regional specialties.
Summit Bistro Cafeteria: Choice of 10 daily menus combining soup and a beverage with copious meat, fish, seafood, pasta, pizza and vegetarian dishes.
Base Bistro Cafeteria: Choice of 8 specialty dishes – pastas, focaccias, smoked meat and souvlakis.
Summit Crêperie: Choice of 9 sweet or savoury crêpes, along with soups and sandwiches.
Summit & Base Pubs: Après ski slider menus featuring pizzas and smoked chicken wings. Consult all the services offered.
General information and comments about The Mountain, The Train or Hôtel La Ferme
To share comments regarding The
Mountain, The Train or Hôtel La Ferme, please write us
or call 1-877-536-2774 ext. 4021.
Medias requests about The Mountain, The Train or Hôtel La Ferme
Sarah M. Matthews, Communications Advisor – Groupe Le Massif
418.948.1725 x 27 / Cell: 418.932.4023