This season, February 9-10 marks the annual telly get-together.
On the programme: Races, demos and perfect turn clinics for amateurs and advanced telemark skiers.
Care to try it yourself? Beginner lessons are also offered, for a small fee.
Come appreciate the grace and style of this little-known slide sport!
9 February 2013 to 10 February 2013
Participation to pro’s tips and avalanche detection workshops is free. Please register at Camp Boule between 8:30am and 10am, and present yourself at the 10am rendezvous location, in front of the Camp Boule chalet.
The Rendez-vous Telemark race is held on La Bouchard. The bumps and slalom competitions are for telly skiers only. Come see who's the fastest!
Introduction to Telemark
Two clinics per day at 9:30am & 1pm
Cost: $89 (from $99)
- Day lift ticket at the Mountain
- Half-day telemark rental equipment
- 2 hr group lesson
- February 9
- 8:30am – 10am: Registration for the pro’s tips or avalanche workshops – both are free
- 8:30am – 12pm: Race registration at Camp Boule – racing takes place in the afternoon
- 10am – 12pm: Conseils de pros : Instructors are available for a one-run perfect-turn session for telly skiers – Departures from Camp Boule Chalet
- 10am – 12pm: Centre Avalanche de la Haute Gaspésie Workshop: Learn how to detect an avalanche, how to react in its midst or locate an avalanche victim using an AVRA device
- 1pm – 3pm: Centre Avalanche de la Haute Gaspésie Workshop: Learn how to detect an avalanche, how to react in its midst or locate an avalanche victim using an AVRA device
- 1pm – 2pm: Race on La Bouchard – Slalom course
- 2pm – 3pm: Race on La Bouchard – Bumps course
- 2:30pm – 4:30pm: DJ’s opening set at the Summit Pub
- 3pm – 3:30pm: Jury deliberation and prize-ginving to the winners of the races.
- 4:30pm: Show-Z-Après-Ski Sleeman with Peakafeller and The Zelektro Gang.
- 6pm - 9pm: Second part of the DJ set.
- February 10
- 8:30am - 10am: Registration for the off-piste descent
- 10am: Gathering at Camp Boule for te off-piste descent.
Reservations required, contact Adventure & Learning Centre at 418 632-5876, ext. 4057